Sunday, August 24, 2008

I want my country back--Populist America.com

"...as Tim O'Brien has pointed out, while it's possible to have both liberty and security, you can't have an empire as well. Once the American government decided to run the world, Americans were forced to choose between liberty and security - because you can't have all three. Once you become an empire, either liberty or security must go.

Most likely, however, we will lose both liberty and security. We're losing our liberties, but innocent Americans will continue to be hurt by terrorists because of what our government is doing overseas."

And lest you jump blindly at the writer's jugular:

"I love America, and I can't stand quietly by while the land of peace and liberty is being destroyed. 

I love the America of the Constitution and limited government - not the America of the Patriot Act and the Orwellian Department of Homeland Security. 

I love the America that Washington and Jefferson said should be far removed from all the age-old quarrels of Europe and Asia, while trading benevolently with people all over the world - not the America that has troops in a hundred countries while our own government prohibits us from peaceful trading with dozens of countries. 

In short, I want my country back."



No comments: